Australian Pinot Noir Challenge
14 Aug 2017 - 15 Aug 2017
Mornington Peninsula Vignerons Association (MPVA) is excited to announce the first annual Australian Pinot Noir Challenge (APNC).
The inaugural APNC will be open to all Australian pinot noir producers and judging will take place on the Mornington Peninsula on 14-15 August 2017, with Philip Rich as Chairman and Jim Chatto & Melanie Chester completing the judging panel.
The APNC will showcase the depth and breadth of Australian pinot noir regions, sites and styles - and recognise the country’s best examples. The APNC will be judged according to ASVO standards and the judging panel will score on a 100-point scale, with the highest pointed wine from each region (of gold medal standard, 95 points or higher) eligible for the overall champion 2017 Australian Pinot Noir Challenge Trophy, which will be announced on Saturday 19 August 2017.
All details included here in the 2017 Schedule
- Entries open on Monday 13 May 2017
- Entries close Wednesday 12 July 2017
- Exhibits must be delivered during the period Monday 24 July – 5 August 2017
- Judging will take place on Monday 14 & 15 August 2017
- Trophy announcement will be on Saturday 19 August 2017
Media Enquiries: Cheryl Lee, firstname.lastname@example.org 0409 952 948